Self –funded health care schemes are self-insurance arrangements made either by Government or an employer to provide health benefits to poor families of state or employees respectively with its own funds. The Government or corporate do not take a health policy for the beneficiaries but channelize defined health services through support agency and meet the expenses through allocated funds.
- AHRL provides support in implementing self-funded schemes of both Government and non-government organizations .It provides support services to facilitate cashless treatment and other benefits of the scheme such as Hospital Empanelment, Claims Management, Claim Audit, MIS, etc., for these schemes on behalf of the Government or Corporate.
- AHRL is currently providing services to the self funded scheme of Government of Chhattisgarh Viz., Sanjivani Kosh and Employees of Currency Note Press, Nasik
- AHRL provided implementation support services for flagship health initiative of Government of Karnataka Viz., Vajpayee Aarogya Shree.
a) Vajpayee Arogya Shree Scheme
- Scheme is designed by Suvarna Arogya Suraksha Trust (SAST) and launched by Government of Karnataka.
- The scheme is designed to provide cashless treatment for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families for Identified Diseases. As of now 402 tertiary care procedures are covered under 7 specialties.
- Scheme provides benefit to BPL families of Entire Karnataka State covering 30 districts and around 72.1 lakh BPL card families.
- AHRL has been selected as ISA for 3 Divisions (Gulbarga, Bangalore and Mysore).
- BPL card issued by Food and Civil Supplies is the source of identification of beneficiary.
b) Sanjeevani Kosh Scheme
- The state of Chhattisgarh is providing medical assistance through Sanjeevani Kosh to families living below poverty line for treatment of serious ailments such as cancer, kidney failure, heart diseases etc.
- 30 critical diseases are covered under the scheme.
- Implemented across the state in all 27 districts covering 42lac BPL families
- Financial assistance up to Rs.1.5 lakh extended to 3.0 lakhs in specified cases
- Sanjivanikosh Trust is the nodal agency
a) SEW corporate scheme
- Cashless medical facility at network hospitals
- Claims Management & Monthly MIS
b) Scheme for employees of Currency Note Press, Government of Nasik